Events & News
2009-11-11Ares assists 40 SMEs in electronic solution for energy saving and carbon reduction
Ares International Corp. has assisted 40 small-to medium enterprises (SMEs) in introducing electronic solutions for energy saving and carbon reduction while at least 80 SMEs have benefited from Ares electronization consultancy service.
The moves are under the "SMEs In-Depth Electronization Service Plan" (the Plan) that is sponsored by the Small and Medium Enterprise Administration (SMEA) of Taiwan's Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) and executed by Ares.
Global PCS Inc. (GPCS) and AXElite Technology Co., Ltd. are the two best practices under the Plan, which offers product inventory, impacted data calculation software system and basic part database for electronic companies to launch electronic processes for product life cycle impact.
GPCS, majoring in wireless communication equipment manufacturing, indicated the ecological profile (Eco-profile) generated from the solution fits in the requirements of Energy-using Products (EuP) policy and helps GPCS in providing its customers with its EuP information while improving the satisfaction and trust of the customers. Meanwhile, GPCS can modify its product designs to lower their impact on the environment.
AXElite, specializing in electronic component manufacturing and electronic material retailing, noted that the company image is further improved thanks to the use of the solution generated with the assistance of Ares and SMEA.
Ares established the "Electronic and Electric Industry Electronic In-Depth Service Group" (the Group) in 2009, serving the electronic and electric makers in Taiwan by incorporating the "product footprint declaration assistance system" (including basic part database) into the product R&D projects of industry players.
Currently, the carbon inventory in the governmental projects is mostly that for the factory production. This year, the Plan is mainly for providing assistance system for product-related component/material carbon inventory. Since Taiwan-based SMEs are mostly component/material suppliers, they are required to provide component/material carbon inventory data. The Group employs the following models:
- EPR (Eco-Profile Report) for PC peripheral supply chain.
- CFR (Carbon Footprint Report) for 3C product supply chain.
With the in-depth application services that Ares provides, the following values can be achieved:
- The enterprise using the EPR or CFR can launch environmental protection marketing for more business opportunities.
- The enterprise can improve its product designs and lower the impact of its products on the environment while decreasing the carbon emission level of the products. Thereby, the enterprise can share its CSR (corporate social responsibility) performance.
- With the software and database, the supplier will have product carbon footprint declaration ability. Furthermore, the carbon emission information can help branded companies to quickly obtain green data of manufacturers, helping manufacturers and OEMs to earn more orders faster than before.
Introduction of Ares
Ares International Corp. is the first Taiwan-based software company to be listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TSE). Established for nearly 30 years, Ares is a professional management information system software provider, with professional areas in product technical R&D and system integration. Ares provides products as well as total solutions for e-enterprise, with major service fields mainly for the financial, government and enterprise sides. Ares has passed the CMMI L3 certification, has outstanding project integration ability, quality guarantee ability, development and maintenance ability and the most complete professional consultancy team.